The aims of EIRWG align with those of SafeNet. EIRWG will provide input to SafeNet, at key development stages, on:
- project planning;
- defining the SafeNet service
- defining ‘trigger events’ (i.e. what triggers PCA);
- developing a governance structure to give the UK library community independent policy control over collection development and access decisions;
- developing processes to identify collection development priorities with regard to e.g.: * community need; * the feasibility and cost of securing publisher agreement; and *the feasibility and cost of ingesting content into the archive.
- Sustainability planning – regarding costs particularly related to publisher negotiation and content processing.
- Transition from project status to service delivery.